Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Computer History Museum - A planned visit to California to see Computer Collectors Bob Rosenbloom & Lyle Bickley + Museum

Computer history Museum
Computer History Museum
Bugbooks
Bugbooks
My wife and I are planning a visit to California this month the 23rd of October to see our new friends and the Computer History Museum in Mt. View California.  We visited  the museum about 6 years ago however  I understand many changes
and wonderful improvements have been made since our last visit. We are really excited to be making this trip for many reasons.  Several of the minicomputers from our "Bugbook Historical Microcomputer Museum" have gone Bob Rosenbloom & Lyle Bickley & they are associated with the Museum. Lyle is one of the founding members of the Computer History Museum. He volunteered  to give Gaynell and I a personal tour of the museum.  Bob does volunteer restoration work there and will join us. You can see the computers from our collection that Lyle now has here 'CLICK' and Bob's are here "CLICK".
 
Bob Rosenbloom
Bob Rosenbloom
Lyle Bickley
Lyle Bickley


                          






                                         
It is always a pleasure for me to visit the area where my professional electronics career started in 1963. -WOW that was 50 years ago- I did engineering work for Raytheon, Varian , and Fairchild Semiconductor in the San Francisco Bay Area before my 31 years of teaching at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia.  My son was born in Palo Alto (1963)  near the present Silicon Valley.  The Silicon Valley was just  beginning when I was there -- it was mostly orchards of Prune Trees.

David Larsen
David Larsen

I will be taking lots of pictures during our visit and making video's for the blog. I will posting on my at www.twitter.com/computerhobby and here on my computer blog.

  "By David Larsen" KK4WW Computer Collector Historian   
   Send Message CLICK   Like us Click

1 comment:

  1. Hi - Thank you for the comment - where are you a student? Dave KK4WW Computer Collector/Historian.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will respond.